Staging your space to display its true potential is crucial when selling your home. Whether it’s repainting the walls or furnishing an empty room, it’s important to highlight your home’s strengths and downplay its weaknesses.
Take a look below at my three key staging tips to sell your home fast!
- Clean! And by clean, I mean: wash, paint, weed, and plant. Clean your front door and repaint if necessary. After all, first impressions are everything. Remove all the weeds, mow the lawn and buy some potted plants to make the property as appealing as the home.
- Declutter and de-personalize! Remove personal photographs, stained rugs, and get rid of any unnecessary clutter. Yes, I’m talking about your toothbrush, hairdryer, and abundance of kitchen appliances.
2. Rearrange! And by rearrange, I mean: define, organize, dress, and declutter.
- Set your dining room table.
- Fluff those living room throw pillows!
- Keep bedroom furniture to a minimum. A bed, bedside table, and dresser is plenty!
- Make any spare room functional by adding a bed frame and an air mattress. Dress it with some neutral bedding, and voila, an extra bedroom!
- Paint any bold or damaged walls a neutral color to help present your house as a blank canvas for the buyer.
3. Showtime! And by showtime, I mean: light, scent, flowers, and dress.
- Clean your house one last time before leaving the house.
- Open any curtains or blinds and turn on the lights to make your home look clean and bright.
- Buy or pick some fresh flowers to spruce up the dining table!
- If you have pets, make sure to remove any evidence, including food and water bowls.
- Light a candle to make your home smell nice and welcoming.
Overall, showcasing a home doesn’t have to expensive or incredibly time-consuming. Keep the space open and clean, and buyers will be sure to take notice.